LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 Controller Issues

Yardley

Hi guys, anyone here have issues with Windows 10 and JoyToKey? I just upgraded from Windows 7 and noticed that the controller order feature of JoyToKey isn’t working correctly. For example, I have my player 1 Aimtrak gun set as joystick 1 in Joy2Key, yet it is acting as joystick 2. Not even in a game, but in Joy2Key itself. This never happened under Win 7, it was always rock solid. Gun 1 would always be joystick 1 and gun 2 would be joystick 2 as specified in the Joy2Key settings.

Prior to this issue, I also noticed that my Xbox controller would randomly light the player indicator LED as player 2, 3 or 4 even through I only had one controller connected. When this happens I reboot and it goes back to normal but again,  not something I ever experienced under Win 7. Anyone else have these issues?

Go to settings > configure joysticks > advanced settings select the device and choose the number you want it to be and it should work. But I've found JTK to be buggy lately myself where it will just stop detecting controllers all together until I reboot even if I right click on the icon and hit detect joystick. 

Edited by Jayinem

3 minutes ago, Jayinem said:

Go to settings > configure joysticks > advanced settings select the device and choose the number you want it to be and it should work. But I've found JTK to be buggy lately myself where it will just stop detecting controllers all together until I reboot even if I right click on the icon and hit detect joystick. 

That’s what I said I do in my post. I have always specified the number for my guns/controllers and it always worked great. But today all of a sudden it won’t work. I even unassigned everything and just left one gun as #1 and it just reads as device 2 no matter what. 

Edited by Yardley