LaunchBox Community Forums

Origin game not launching

Scooby1

Hey guys,

I have installed my first Origin game, Apex Legends and the game runs fine outside of Launchbox. I imported Apex Legends through the Origin option with the LB import function. LB found my game and downloaded the game images and wheel.

However when I launch the game from LB, a dialog box opens with code I don't understand (attached). It them exits the game back to the LB menu. Of note, Origin is installed on my C drive and Apex Legends is installed on an external drive. I don't think this is a problem as the game runs fine outside of LB. I wanted to mention is in case LB can't load a game this way.

Any help is appreciate!

installerdata.xml

First up, I don't own Apex Legends or have used the LaunchBox Origin importer. But maybe the importer imported the wrong .exe or Origin url for your game? Could you check that? In LaunchBox right click on Apex Legend > Edit > Launching > Application Path. I own Mass Effect 2 on Origin and for Mass Effect 2 it looks like this:

G:\Games\Mass Effect 2\Binaries\MassEffect2.exe

or

origin://LaunchGame/OFB-EAST:56694