LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox and theme videos

SteveT79

Is it possible to have bigbox play theme videos fullscreen but HD videos in a window?  Is there a way to differentiate the two?  Right now both play in a smaller window, but if there is a theme video I'd like it to just play it fullscreen, leaving out the screenshot and boxart if possible as well.

• Like 1

Hi, I would be interested in this also.

I am using the Unified Ultrawide theme, which is great and has meant I can pretty much keep the look of my older Hyperspin build. The view I am using is with the curved wheel on the right hand side, the box and cart showing and the video playing on the left side of the screen. This is for consoles, for arcade I use full-screen video to get the full-screen themes. 

The problem is that many consoles also have some games that have video themes. At the moment those themes will just play in the video box, as per any other gameplay video. It would be great if a view could be built that allows the full-screen video to override the selected view, whenever a theme video for the game is found. 

Or if someone could point out a way to make the above happen with the current options, that would be even better!

I realise that I can click 'change view' for those particular games, but this isn't practical when flicking through the wheel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!