LaunchBox Community Forums

[FIXED] Joystick not controlling BigBox

baxtr

I am usually pretty good a figuring this stuff out but I am lost, maybe just frustrated and missing the obvious.

Strictly using MAME emulator (adding Daphne at some point)

Zero delay USB encoder with Sanwa joysticks/buttons

Joysticks and buttons all work perfectly within the emulator,  if I run Launchbox (free version), joystick 1 will act as a mouse moving the cursor around instead of like an arrow button jumping from menu item to menu item, button 1 will enter and launch the game .......That said, within BigBox, joysticks and buttons are not recognized at all, I can go into controls, keyboard, mapping, it won't even recognize a move of the joystick or push of a button.

I have had MAME for years and years but just recently added Launchbox as I have finally built my cabinet....upgraded to BigBox today so would appreciate any insight as to why it won't see my controls to operate the menu...even if it is telling me I'm an idiot, or even to get a different encoder like an ipac..

Thank you in advance

Bax

Edited by baxtr

Thank you for the response.  I would have to guess it is not keystrokes, but I have gone into the controller mapping....selecting navigate up of the joystick then LB/BB waits for input....I can push the joystick or any buttons forever and nothing will register as an input which is my point of confusion

using my keyboard to launch a game works, then the game is playable with all my controls so they do work and are recognized within the emulator, just not at all in BB  and only as a mouse in LB

EDIT:   I deleted the settings/input/bb settings.xml files and started over....it works now with the ones that are already programmed in BB controller mapping....it doesn't seem to let me program the mappings that are labeled {none} to any buttons, but I do have the ability to navigate menus, launch games, and go back to the menu now so that is 100% better...not sure what changed as my settings are the same but happy it is working

Edited by baxtr