LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Adding Deleted Games After Reboot

DasiyAge12

I have remove game files checked and when I delete games I no longer want (like bootlegs or bad roms) they will reappear when I restart launchbox. I have made custom backups using the option in the tools menu and removed the other back ups as well and they still reappear. Right now I'm trying to remove KI and KI2 that are not working (the fbneo emulator no longer supports them) and keep the mame2010 ones I have. The weird part is it didn't do this until after I restarted windows and they don't even have a rom they correspond to so I don't know why they show up at all. Anyway, is there a way to permanently remove these games and never see them again? Thanks in advance

22 minutes ago, DasiyAge12 said:

There is, one called Arcade Backup. Seems smaller than the Arcade.xaml but I'm guessing I need to delete it?

Yes. LB will try to read both of them and if the backup file contains the games you tried to delete LB will see them in that backup file.

If you back any of those files up you need to store them outside of the \Launchbox\Data folders.

Ok I removed the back up file and deleted the first 4 games I saw and they stayed gone! Thanks a ton! One other question while I have your attention:  Is there a way to delete all games missing 3d box art as that's what I'm aiming to do in the long run. I know I can hide them but I have a small ssd and would appreciate the space and ease of removing just games missing 3d boxes.

10 hours ago, DasiyAge12 said:

Oh jeez I just feel like I'm bumbling around here but.. Some games have both the English and Japanese titles and I have removed the Japanese titles just to have them reappear. Is that going to be fixed with the backup deleted now?

It should. If it is not I do not know why it will not delete.

That backup file that was in there did you make that backup and place it there?