LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame build 171B not working with latest LaunchBox

CraigP

Anyone aware why mame build 171B does not work with the latest launchbox? I’ve tried 172B and it’s fine so somethings happened in between. If you are aware of a previous version of  Launchbox that does work with 171B that would help too. Thanks in advance. PS I don’t see any errors it just does not launch the games. I’m trying StarWars.zip in particular 

DA3B0035-3B00-474D-AE74-001EE35A433A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CraigP said:

Anyone aware why mame build 171B does not work with the latest launchbox? I’ve tried 172B and it’s fine so somethings happened in between. If you are aware of a previous version of  Launchbox that does work with 171B that would help too. Thanks in advance. PS I don’t see any errors it just does not launch the games. I’m trying StarWars.zip in particular 

DA3B0035-3B00-474D-AE74-001EE35A433A.jpeg

Launchbox doesnt care what version you have. It could be the default commandline though as its such a old version, you may need to remove the line in the below image.

Untitled.thumb.png.5447f80a2c3652a0dbe5a9c474b9f815.png

Neil you are the man! I have tried everything but you are correct that version of mame does not like that command line! When you take it out launchbox warns you that the game may not function correctly however after a quick test it seems fine. Thanks Neil very much appreciated!