LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Categories: Horizontal and Vertical - 4/8 Joystick

Drybonz

I had asked about the possibility of this feature at some point in the past... for a brief period, when the lightspeed app was working for MAME imports, users could tag all their MAME games as "horizontal" or "vertical", opening up all sorts of cool possibilities for people who rotate their monitor, have multiple monitors in different orientations, or even multiple arcade cabs, including setting up separate platforms, or use rocketlauncher to handle the options of the different orientations, etc...

I haven't been able to run the nice MAME setup I had since these options stopped being available.  Another good example is tagging all games with their joystick configuration (4 way-8 way-diag) so different sorting and platforms can be made for people who have different arcade sticks, etc...

It would be great if we were able to do this again.

• Like 1