LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Import Issue

Kev7

I'm fairly new to Launchbox, and while I love the platform, it seems the technical difficulties I've run into are not the norm (thankfully) based on the positive feedback I've read.  However, I can't seem to get my Sega Genesis and Sega 32X roms imported.  I'm using the Retroarch emulator, have the Sega plus core downloaded and updated, have my rom folder populated.  When I run the import roms, I designated the appropriate emulator and rom path, it runs through downloading all the metadata and emumovie files, all the game logos show show up on Launchbox under the appropriate platform.  Yet when I click on the game to play...nothing happens.  I've watched ETA Prime's tutorial, I've deleted everything and redownloaded and reinstalled, same result.  Thankfully when I downloaded alomst 800 SNES games and imported through the snes9x emulator, there were zero issues.  Very frustrated and don't know how to fix.  Appreciate any guidance.

8 hours ago, Kev7 said:

I'm fairly new to Launchbox, and while I love the platform, it seems the technical difficulties I've run into are not the norm (thankfully) based on the positive feedback I've read.  However, I can't seem to get my Sega Genesis and Sega 32X roms imported.  I'm using the Retroarch emulator, have the Sega plus core downloaded and updated, have my rom folder populated.  When I run the import roms, I designated the appropriate emulator and rom path, it runs through downloading all the metadata and emumovie files, all the game logos show show up on Launchbox under the appropriate platform.  Yet when I click on the game to play...nothing happens.  I've watched ETA Prime's tutorial, I've deleted everything and redownloaded and reinstalled, same result.  Thankfully when I downloaded alomst 800 SNES games and imported through the snes9x emulator, there were zero issues.  Very frustrated and don't know how to fix.  Appreciate any guidance.

The sega Genesis plus core doesnt work for 32X, you need to use Picodrive instead.

23 minutes ago, Kev7 said:

Not sure what the issue is, as my core listing does not include all those.

RETROARCH.jpg

You have the wrong version of retroarch. See in the bottom left you have msvc2010, thats a legacy version for really old OS's. You just want the standard windows version.
You want one of these two simply called download, probably the 64bit one unless you are on a old computer or cheap laptop/tablet.

Untitled.thumb.png.d788bcf68f0529f51225666e89fee793.png