LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform videos fading to black / video in text view

proghodet

Hey all! I'm having trouble with platform videos in BigBox. When I select a platform, such as Nintendo Entertainment System, I can see and hear the video, but it fades to black in a matter of 750ms, and the audio stops.

I'm on Windows 10, LaunchBox 11.6 and I use the default BigBox theme. I have tried other themes with the same result. I'm certain that the platform videos have worked before, but not anymore for whatever reason.
I use VLC for video, but I have also tested WMP. All transitions are set to fade, if that matters. All game videos works just fine, both audio and visuals.

The video path doesn't have any funky special characters or anything:
image.png.80a0bc8e21c0b775dda6e488db79c37f.png
These are my video settings within BigBox:
image.thumb.png.8d4b3b7270c957d359307a7f806925fd.pngEdit 1: I have also tried to delete the default theme, and BigBoxSettings.xml

Edit 2: I tested other views - all of them work, except the Text List With Details view, which is the one I'm trying to use.
If the case is that this particular view does not support videos - is there a quick way to add such functionality through the XML files?

Edited by proghodet