LaunchBox Community Forums

Add Images Option - Storage Location

demosthenes2010

I've been trying to clean up some of my collection and manually add images where Launchbox can't find them through either the LB Database or EMUMovies.

One such example is Entex Super Space Invader 2 from the MAME set.

The source file is named hh_hmcs40.cpp and while Launchbox does seem capable of identifying the manufacturer and such, it can't seem to assign a game ID to it, regardless of which combination of spellings I use for the game name.

So, I went out and found some images and added them using the Edit Game - Images section of the application.

This appeared to work but I'm wondering, does LB then import the images I attached from a folder on my desktop into a Launchbox directory or is it referencing them from the folder I'd originally saved them in (which happens to be on my desktop).

I ask because I'm attempting to make LB portable and if I go through the effort to add all of these images and LB doesn't know to create a local copy on my portable HD, then when I go to unplug it from my desktop and into another PC, those images would again be missing.

Edited by demosthenes2010