LaunchBox Community Forums

Default Start Up Theme

Johno1980

A total noob and after some help please that’s probably simple to most ??

Just using launchbox and have a custom background that I’m using and only using the simple default start up ?? How can I get fan art to show up when loading games without it affecting my custom background that I’m using please. As you’ll see in the attached pic it’s just a black screen atm. Although I can get them to show when I tick fanart but then this then takes over my custom background. So I need to change something in the XML please. Also the pic is a little faded and I’d like the background to pop and be as bright when using the Big logo theme. So want to try and combine the best from 2 into 1 

hope that makes sense and any help appreciated 

Thank you 006E4B8C-DA1A-42D6-A8F2-343C522FA5E3.thumb.jpeg.d520634827d20d287bc349200a9585f4.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Johno1980 said:

A total noob and after some help please that’s probably simple to most ??

Just using launchbox and have a custom background that I’m using and only using the simple default start up ?? How can I get fan art to show up when loading games without it affecting my custom background that I’m using please. As you’ll see in the attached pic it’s just a black screen atm. Although I can get them to show when I tick fanart but then this then takes over my custom background. So I need to change something in the XML please. Also the pic is a little faded and I’d like the background to pop and be as bright when using the Big logo theme. So want to try and combine the best from 2 into 1 

hope that makes sense and any help appreciated 

Thank you 006E4B8C-DA1A-42D6-A8F2-343C522FA5E3.thumb.jpeg.d520634827d20d287bc349200a9585f4.jpeg

Toos/Options/background priorities, make sure fanart background is top of the list if that is the artwork style you want to use.

image.thumb.png.259b0d268db16ef03b50065602bf815a.png

Hi neil9000, 

Thanks for the reply but then it overrides my Custom background when I come out of the game and then on everything I click on the background changes to that game which Is what I don’t want to happen. Please see attached pics would also Like to know how to make the image not so faded as well if possible. Hope that makes sense and thanks a lot. 

EEDD72F5-76DC-44D5-996D-729AEE6ADA00.jpeg

A9DD5D2A-D001-4BF1-B565-C8481A10776C.jpeg

CF3E3866-76F3-49C0-AFFA-7B19D2EFE5DC.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Johno1980 said:

Thanks for the reply but then it overrides my Custom background when I come out of the game and then on everything I click on the background changes to that game which Is what I don’t want to happen

Thats just how the default theme works, if you want a static background you might want to try the old default theme or a third party one. The default is coded to show the artwork of the currently selected game in the background. You have found a workaround to that it seems, but that now interferes with the other options like the startup as you have discovered.

32 minutes ago, Johno1980 said:

I just assumed that I’d be able to change something in the start up XML to pull from the fan art background folder. 
just don’t know what to change but that’s all lol appreciate the help thank you. 

You may but i wouldnt know how im afraid. Also you cannot directly edit any default themes, you would need to copy and rename it and edit the copy. We have to always have a working theme, so we dont allow editing, if you do Launchbox would just revert the changes when launched.