LaunchBox Community Forums

3rd screen option

ZXman1000

I am in process of ordering a 43" cab from game room solutions. I have a pc running Big Box and plan on putting in a marquee and the main screen obviously but I noticed they have an option for a 7 inch lcd screen cut out in the control panel and I didn't know if launch box would support this as a 3rd screen. What options could you get it to display? 

The things I was thinking could be neat would be the box art, stats (play time, button pressed etc..), controls, user rating for game, game discription.... Not all above but possible options. Could also go touch screen route and have it act like a possible input device for volume, or few games using touch such as primal hunt (think that was the name). 

Is this something one might be able to do with Big Box? If big box doesn't support thinking I may be able to use a pie zero to build a custom program that pulls the info from big box or even something else that just runs in background to pull info out. 

Any thought? 

I do not plan on implementing this right away but if it's something I may want to do in the future I figure I would order the cab with the cut out and design the graphics around it. (could always just split the marquee signal and have a second marquee in control panel I can get something else working) 

Understand this is not going to be an easy plug and play option (maybe it is, I'm pretty new to the hobby and big box) just curious if it's possible and if anyone has done anything similar.

(image of the control panel with screen (not what I think would be my final design but am idea of what I'm talking about) 

GRS-Modern-4-Player-Front (1).jpg

Thank You for the reply.

In the communities opinion.  Is the screen something that could be worth it?  (as in the effort to get it working and the cost associated with it (probably about $100 worth of needed items including the screen).

Attached is a mock-up of what I am planning on making my control layout if I go with the screen.  May go with a more classic or oval like shape but the buttons would probably be the same.

Custom Arcade Control Layout.jpg