LaunchBox Community Forums

mame set up

kilroy01

I have tried reading the forum and watching the Youtube videos.  I am having trouble getting MAME games to work.  I am sure that I am missing something simple.  I have MAME reference 2003 Plus setup.  The rom folder is LaunchBox/Emulators/MAME078b/roms/.  No matter what I try, I can't get MAME to start form LaunchBox.  I can run  the games direct from command line MAME and they work fine.  Can someone tell me what my command line parameters in LaunchBox emulator configuration should be?

You might need to remove a command line from the LB setup for your Mame emulator. That’s such an old set it likely is not able to use -keyboardprovider dinput. So in >Tools>Manage Emulators edit your Mame and on the first rab in the command line box remove that specific portion of the command. 

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You might need to remove a command line from the LB setup for your Mame emulator. That’s such an old set it likely is not able to use -keyboardprovider dinput. So in >Tools>Manage Emulators edit your Mame and on the first rab in the command line box remove that specific portion of the command. 

That was it!!   

I am working on a Raspberry Pi / Recalbox setup also.  I was trying to simplify things and use the same romsets on each machine.  Maybe it is time that I look at upgrading my set for the Launchbox build.  :)

Thank you so much for the assistance.