LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox hard crashing Desktop

jarek

I am new to Lunchbox and Bigbox, recently I have purchased the license and begun to play with it. Everything works well until I try to lunch Bigbox. Immediately upon opening hard crashes my desktop, this is hard shutdown. I have to unplug power cord and replug it to start up again. Windows event just reports power failure. I have stress tested CPU and GPU using various software. Configuration is AMD processor FX 6300 (6 core) AMD Video card Radeon Ghost 7700 and 8 gigs of RAM.  (Nothing exciting but it should run it ok.) I have order new PSU which should get here in couple of days, but in case if its not that I am interested if anyone else had similar problem. Also is there a way to change bigbox theme without opening the software? 

Hi @jarek, what version of Windows are you running? For what it's worth, you should never have to unplug your machine due to a software error. You should still be able to either safely shut it down, or, worst case scenario, hold down the power button to turn it off. Regardless, I haven't heard of Big Box completely halting a machine, so I expect that there's something else going on. Can you explain exactly what is happening when you try to launch Big Box?

I am running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates. So what happens when I launch Bigbox I can see the user interface for about 1 second and then computer hard shuts down. I am suspecting faulty PSU and once CPU and GPU gets loaded from running the Bigbox theme it crashes. Only thing that does not confirm this theory is that I can run CPU and GPU benchmarking software and everything runs fine. I can do stress tests on CPU and everything checks out, that's why it is so weird that Bigb ox hard crashes my Desktop. Is there debug mode in bigbox? 

8 minutes ago, jarek said:

I am running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates. So what happens when I launch Bigbox I can see the user interface for about 1 second and then computer hard shuts down. I am suspecting faulty PSU and once CPU and GPU gets loaded from running the Bigbox theme it crashes. Only thing that does not confirm this theory is that I can run CPU and GPU benchmarking software and everything runs fine. I can do stress tests on CPU and everything checks out, that's why it is so weird that Bigb ox hard crashes my Desktop. Is there debug mode in bigbox? 

I see. So the PC just turns off immediately? You may be onto something with the PSU, or it could be an overheating issue, as that can happen in that case as well. That's certainly odd.