LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME: Moon Cresta

Intex

I have the correct ROM in the arcade folder called "mooncrst.zip" - however the game isn't shown in the list of arcade games. I've tried adding the rom again and scanning for new roms, but it doesn't make any difference.

If I launch MAME manually, it shows up in the list and I can run it without any issues. Any idea's?

34 minutes ago, Intex said:

I have the correct ROM in the arcade folder called "mooncrst.zip" - however the game isn't shown in the list of arcade games. I've tried adding the rom again and scanning for new roms, but it doesn't make any difference.

If I launch MAME manually, it shows up in the list and I can run it without any issues. Any idea's?

Depending on what region you imported your MAME fullset it is likely that you have it but under the clone name called "Eagle".  So do a search for Eagle in your set and if edit the game will likely see something like this below with the Moon Cresta ROM.  That is why LB won't appear to import it (unless you check force duplicate box) because from LB perspective it is already imported. Although not quite sure why LB is selecting Eagle (which is a clone) for North America region (which is what I imported under).  You can default the rom/name to Moon Cresta. Unfortunately, the LB DB doesn't have the proper alternate name so there are duplicate entries (i.e., there is Moon Cresta and Eagle) so you will have to rename manually after selecting default ROM you want.  Keep in mind that if reimport full set later that will likely revert any changes made. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.f0bb292a5c2deaa504f947eb21e0ac74.PNG