LaunchBox Community Forums

Selecting between controllers

DaveM

I built an arcade cabinet with joysticks/buttons and have that all figured out, but I would also like to be able to plug  an X-Box or PS2 controller into the front USB ports I installed and be able to select that as "player 1" controls for certain games/systems.  However, when I plug them in they get loaded into player 3 slot and don't work.

Is there any way to switch between control slots without unplugging the arcade controls every time and would that affect the button mapping?

I would just leave them plugged in and map them to what you need.  in MAME, you can run through the mapping on your "keyboard" (arcade controls), and then run back through them with the controllers and it should just add them to apply to the bindings.  Mine looks a little like this:  Player 1 button 1=  Joy1 button3/Kbd K/Joy2 button 5.   I forget exactly the words used, but it basically means that on your first run through you mapped joy1, second run through you mapped keyboard letter K, and third run through you mapped Joy2.  So all of those will apply to that mapping.