LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox and BigBox issue with Genshin Impact

JEA

I've been working to get Genshin Impact to cleanly work within LaunchBox (and BigBox).  This is to avoid their Intro Screen requiring you to press their "Launch" button (which then causes the game to be hidden behind the LaunchBox/BigBox screen) and to avoid the Windows User Account Control (UAC) message asking whether you want to allow this app to make changes to your device (believe this is due to GenshinImpact's anti-cheat algorithm).  What I've tried is to first call the GenshinImpact.exe in the "Genshin Impact Game" subdirectory rather than "launch.exe" in the top directory to avoid their Intro Screen and "Launch" button.  To avoid the UAC message, I've set up GenshinImpact under the Windows Task Scheduler (Tasksch.exe) with Admin privileges, then use Schedule Tasks (schtask.exe) to invoke the application.  This allows you to avoid the UAC message for this game while not fully disabling the UAC for all other applications which poses a security risk.  The problem is that doing this causes the Genshin Impact game to be hidden behind the LaunchBox/BigBox screen.  I suspect this is due to LaunchBox/BigBox tracking "schtask.exe" as the game rather than "GenshinImpact.exe", but not sure.   Anyone know of a fix for this?  Had this run as an emulator, it would have probably been possible to establish a script in the "Running AutoHotkey Script" area (e.g. waiting a few seconds, then sending an "Alt-Tab" command), but the Windows Platform doesn't seem to have an equivalent feature.  If anyone has a suggestion, that'd be appreciated.  Thanks.

Have you tried setting LaunchBox/BigBox's "Compatibility" tab (in right click exe > properties) to run as admin? That way, whatever it runs would also run as admin (thus preventing the UAC prompt).

Also, the Genshin Impact exe to use is indeed "Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\GenshinImpact.exe"

• 2 years later...