LaunchBox Community Forums

Kronos Core / Saturn Emulation: Missing Sound

Melto9

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great stuff that you provided, including BigBox, which is my favorite!

I have a question regarding saturn emulation. I am using the Kronos core from retroarch (since beetle saturn is too much for my CPU) and I am missing the background sound on some games. The in-game "hitting" sounds are present though.

e.g. Dungeons & Dragons Collection (.bin and .cue files). Should be 39 Track .bin files all together for disc 1.

Am I missing some files?

Current Setup:

AMD FX-8320 (3.30 GHz)
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
Ram: 16GB

Reroarch setup:

Everything default, except the video driver, where I hat to switch to glcore, because with Kronos my screen was flickering.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

Just now, Melto9 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great stuff that you provided, including BigBox, which is my favorite!

I have a question regarding saturn emulation. I am using the Kronos core from retroarch (since beetle saturn is too much for my CPU) and I am missing the background sound on some games. The in-game "hitting" sounds are present though.

e.g. Dungeons & Dragons Collection (.bin and .cue files). Should be 39 Track .bin files all together for disc 1.

Am I missing some files?

Current Setup:

AMD FX-8320 (3.30 GHz)
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB
Ram: 16GB

Reroarch setup:

Everything default, except the video driver, where I hat to switch to glcore, because with Kronos my screen was flickering.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

Are you loading the .cue file from Launchbox? If so your .cue might be wrong, the .cue is basically a index of the .bin files, so all the .bin files for that game should be listed in the .cue file. And yes all the bins and the cue should be in there own unique folders.

Wow, thanks for the quick response.

I checked the .cue file and every .bin is listed there (only for disc 1, since I am in disc 1 folder. There is a separate .cue file for disc 2 folder)

If I understood correctly, should I separate the .bin files from the .cue file and have two folders, one for .bin and one for .cue?

Right now it is structured like this:

Main folder (Disc 1)->.bin files and corresponding .cue file

Main folder (Disc 2)->.bin files and corresponing .cue file

From Launchbox frontend (after importing the folders, disc1 & disc2) , the file that is run is the track01 .bin file from disc 1

Your folder structure is fine and correct. Yeah you only import the .cue file into launchbox for any system that use a cue+bin format. As i said the .cue is a index so thats all the emulator needs, if you were loading a .bin file that is why you were missing audio, that audio was in a different .bin file that the emulator wasnt aware of as it had been passed the .bin and not the .cue, so it was unaware of all the other files.

And to add, you can import the .cues very easily. Just go to your roms folder, in this case saturn and in the search bar top right of the window put *.cue that will list all the .cue files in the folder, highlight them all with CTRL A and drag and drop them onto Launchbox to start the import wizard for those files.