LaunchBox Community Forums

LB Themes not showing up.

mikehiler2

I have LB 11.8 licensed. I downloaded a custom LAUNCHBOX theme (not Big Box), inside the LBThemes folder with the Default and Old Default folders are, and it does not show up in Tools/View/Themes. It still only shows Default and Old Default. Nothing else. I have tried everything to get these themes to show up. Am I missing something?

Screenshot 2020-11-24 164516.png

Screenshot 2020-11-24 164614.png

Just for CLARIFICATION. I have the PAID version, with the license file in the root directory. I have access to all paid content just fine. I can change Big Box themes with ease. I have followed the official ReadMe.txt on how to place custom themes. NOTHING shows up EXCEPT the Default and Old default themes. I have also followed the official video on the LaunchBox website on how to change themes on LaunchBox (which is different than the readme). Both have failed. I did everything correct, with the latest version, with the correct license, following the guides available to the letter. I have made sure the files are unzipped and in the correct folder. I have even changed the name to the folder to "Test." Nothing at all works. ALL I CAN SELECT ARE THE DEFAULT AND THE OLD DEFAULT.

Edited by mikehiler2

19 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Do you have your license in the main LB folder? Also is the theme unzipped in the folder. 

I see you say you have a license just confirming that with the free version you cannot change themes and the custom theme will not show in the drop box.

Yes. I have the license in the main directory. Yes, the correct folder is placed in LBThemes. It simply doesn't show up at all.

5 minutes ago, mikehiler2 said:

Soooooo does no one know how to help? I'd really rather not have to uninstall and place all the games back in manually again. My internet sucks so bad that it'll take forever.

Its a small forum sometimes help is not instant especially when it is all volunteer work. 

Only reason I could see it not showing is if your license is not valid and we confirmed it is. Even if the folder was empty the name of the theme would still show. 

Try going into your \Launchbox\Data folder and remove your Settings.xml. Do Not delete it. Just move it out of the folder. Do this with LB closed. When you reopen LB it will generate a new Settings.xml. See if it works then. I would also try downloading another LB Theme and see if it works. 

44 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Its a small forum sometimes help is not instant especially when it is all volunteer work. 

Only reason I could see it not showing is if your license is not valid and we confirmed it is. Even if the folder was empty the name of the theme would still show. 

Try going into your \Launchbox\Data folder and remove your Settings.xml. Do Not delete it. Just move it out of the folder. Do this with LB closed. When you reopen LB it will generate a new Settings.xml. See if it works then. I would also try downloading another LB Theme and see if it works. 

Yeah, I know. I wasn't trying to insult anyone. My bad if it came off that way. I was hoping someone would reply with "You idiot! Turn on the 'change theme' setting" or some such.

I tried moving the settings.xml out of the /Data folder with Launchbox off. Turned it back on and it didn't generate a new Settings.xml and the Themes still don't show up (even with a brand new downloaded theme). So I moved the xml off the drive that Launchbox is installed on to see if that worked. Still nothing.

This isn't a "game breaking" issue, it's just slightly annoying. I just bought the Launchbox premium a little while ago, so I'm still messing around with things. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot that's different from the free version to paid (except more options), and I haven't quite decided if I like Big Box yet or not.

Regardless, it's not working. I have no idea why.

OK, just to update (sorry, was installing flooring so I was busy), but I found the cause of my issue.

I installed the Launchbox on my M.2 SSD in the beginning, but to save on space (for the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077), I decided to move my install root to another SSD on my computer that has space, but I forgot to remove the old folder. So, I was trying to add the new themes to my OLD Launchbox instead of the new location.

Long story short, human error, everything works great.

• Haha 1