LaunchBox Community Forums

Error message while clicking Edit in Manage Emulators

Gab Power

Hello, I just bought a licence and using Launchbox I get the following error whenever I chose Retroarch and click Edit in the Manage Emulators windows. If I close the error message, I still get access to the Edit window but the Associated Platforms tab is always empty whatever changes I make. I did create a new emulator entry called Test which points to dummy program and I do not get this error. It seems to be linked to Retroarch.

It's worth noting I have Steam's version of Retroarch called Retroarch Playtest for the moment. I might just try to install the normal full version to see if it makes a difference. 

Thanks for your help!

ERROR MESSAGE

Sequence contains no matching element

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.8
Type:    System.InvalidOperationException
Site:    Void ThrowNoMatchException()
Source:  System.Linq

at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.InterruptDrivenAttribute()
   at WriterStub.NewHttpConfiguration(Object , WriterStub )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.ConnectDrivenAttribute(Object value, EventArgs ord)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.PrintIterableValue(Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.VerifyDrivenAttribute()
   at AlgoStub.NewHttpConfiguration(Object , AlgoStub )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Forms.EmulatorForm.PrintDrivenAttribute(Object param, EventArgs pol)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Recent Log:

00:17:57 Exception

Edited by Gab Power

5 hours ago, Gab Power said:

It's worth noting I have Steam's version of Retroarch called Retroarch Playtest for the moment.

That is likely the problem, Launchbox has never been tested to use Retroarch in that way where its being launched via another launcher. Try using the standard Retroarch, im pretty sure you will have no such errors there.

Hey there Neil, I uninstalled Steam's Retroarch Playtest and installed Retroarch's full version but I still have the same behavior. 

Another oddity is that if click on Manage Emulator > Add..., the Emulator Name drop down menu is empty. The Associated Platform tab also has no entry. Very odd since I think it was already populated with choices when I installed it last year on another computer.

I'm starting to believe something got corrupted when I was downloading my game covers and ran out of space mid way.