LaunchBox Community Forums

Supermodel 3 Controller Mapping Issues and Display

Jocusenz

Hi everyone, very new to the community and LaunchBox as well.  So, I've noticed that when I try to play specifically Ocean Hunter and L.A. Machineguns, that the display is at fullscreen is way too far to the right, cutting off about 4 inches.  I've been trying different methods to fix this, and spent hours on it, but nothing seems to work.  Now, my controls for my mouse, which worked at one point, no longer work in either game.  I've attached my .ini settings.  Any help is appreciated.

Supermodel.ini.bak Supermodel.ini.bak

@Jocusenz If it's running full screen it should 'fit' to the screen.  But you can set a custom resolution per game in your ini file.  Example:

; Start Wars Trilogy
[ swtrilgy ]
XResolution = 800
YResolution = 600

line

1. comment
  2. rom_name  (include the brackets)
  3. X resolution
  4. Y resolution
10 hours ago, Jocusenz said:

controls for my mouse, which worked at one point, no longer work in either game.

In your ini file go to the "Analog guns (Ocean Hunter....)" section.  On the InputAnalogGunX(Y)  lines remove reference to the JOY1 axis'. 

; Analog guns (Ocean Hunter, LA Machineguns)

;InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis   **ORIGINAL
;InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis   **ORIGINAL

InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis    **REVISED
InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis    **REVISED

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/14/2020 at 1:12 AM, JoeViking245 said:

@Jocusenz If it's running full screen it should 'fit' to the screen.  But you can set a custom resolution per game in your ini file.  Example:

; Start Wars Trilogy
[ swtrilgy ]
XResolution = 800
YResolution = 600

line

1. comment
  2. rom_name  (include the brackets)
  3. X resolution
  4. Y resolution

In your ini file go to the "Analog guns (Ocean Hunter....)" section.  On the InputAnalogGunX(Y)  lines remove reference to the JOY1 axis'. 

; Analog guns (Ocean Hunter, LA Machineguns)

;InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS,JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis   **ORIGINAL
;InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS,JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis   **ORIGINAL

InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis    **REVISED
InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis    **REVISED

Necro bump but I have similar control issues. Are yours still working? Even with the revised .ini lines I cannot move the cross-hairs in-game for LA Machineguns.

3 hours ago, Thornback said:

Necro bump but I have similar control issues. Are yours still working? Even with the revised .ini lines I cannot move the cross-hairs in-game for LA Machineguns.

I only use my Xbox 360 controller for this.  But testing this AM to get the mouse to work was a big failure. (though I didn't really spend too much time on it)  So I went to plan "B" (which should probably be the new plan "A". ;)). 

• Download Warped Polygon's file(s). 
  • Copy lamachin.nv into your nvram folder (overwrite the existing file THAT YOU 1st MADE A BACKUP OF).
  • Copy (and replace) the section from supermodel.ini (located in Supermodel XINPUT INI File.zip) for Analog guns into your supermodel.ini
    • Or just backup your existing supermodel.ini and copy the whole file into your Config folder.

6 hours ago, JoeViking245 said:

I only use my Xbox 360 controller for this.  But testing this AM to get the mouse to work was a big failure. (though I didn't really spend too much time on it)  So I went to plan "B" (which should probably be the new plan "A". ;)). 

• Download Warped Polygon's file(s). 
  • Copy lamachin.nv into your nvram folder (overwrite the existing file THAT YOU 1st MADE A BACKUP OF).
  • Copy (and replace) the section from supermodel.ini (located in Supermodel XINPUT INI File.zip) for Analog guns into your supermodel.ini
    • Or just backup your existing supermodel.ini and copy the whole file into your Config folder.

Interestingly, his files cause all of my games to become unresponsive, when before it was only the Analog Gun titles. Reverting to defaults works as intended, except L.A. Machineguns.

I appreciate your assistance though!

• 1 year later...