LaunchBox Community Forums

Anyone else have problems getting Ultimarc Spin Trak spinner to work?

TBachVanWa

Anyone else having a devil of a time getting the USB connected Ultimarc Spintrak spinner to work with Mame 64 on Windows 10 even after making the necessary settings in MAME? Windows sees the device. I made sure paddle and dial options on Mame's Device Input options in the mame software are set to "mouse". I then went into the mame.ini file to make sure "multimouse" is set for 1 and "mouse" is also 1 under CORE INPUT OPTIONS. I also made sure "dial_device" and "paddle_device" are set to "mouse" under CORE INPUT AUTOMATIC ENABLE OPTIONS are set to "mouse" as well in the same ini file. 

For what it's worth I have a USB trackball that is working appropriately in MAME.

Help me Obi Arcade Wan. You're my only hope.

Yes. I am. I just finished building a 4 player arcade, bought big box and I've been learning as I go. I'm at the point where I'm trying to get my system to register my Ultimarc Spintrak. Everything else is working great. As I said, I'm using an ultimarc spintrak (as well as ultimarc trackball - trackball works perfect). I'm done all the things you've mentioned in mame.ini. I've got the USB version of it. Meaning all I have to do is plug it in. You would think anyway. What I have noticed is that when I'm in windows. I can control the mouse icon with my keyboard, my trackball, but not my spinner. My understanding is that the spintrak is registered as a mouse. When I unplugged my spintrak and plugged it back in, windows made the connection sound and I watched it add it to the list of mice on device manager. Sooo windows sees it, but it isn't controlling my mouse icon, and it's certainly not registering any movement in mame. We've got like the exact same situation going on lol

Alrighty! Update! So my issue is fixed and I didn't want you to feel left out, because I've been there. Check this link: 

and fast forward to about 6:30 and pay special attention to what he's doing. My spinner is now working properly and that fact it wasn't was all my fault. I hooked the pins to the USB board adapter wrong. I was on the bottom row. I originally put it together about 2 months ago, and it took me about 2 months to finish my cabinet before I could of course try everything. Well, so much time had passed I actually forgot that I even hooked the 2 together. I actually figured it came that way. Sadly, no. It was my fault and a very easy fix. I just pulled the pin out of the board and put them correctly back. When I did, I turned the spintrak and viola! It now works. Try this. Watch that video from AT LEAST 6:30 on, and try it. If it works, get your smile on.

Edited by irishpump

That was it. I can't believe I overlooked how I to actually plug in that connector correctly. Granted there weren't any clear diagrams in my package or on the seller's website but I could have been more aware on my end instead of randomly plugging it in and moving on.  

Headrush69, there's always something else to deal with, isn't there? And isn't that partially why we build these cabinets?

3 hours ago, TBachVanWa said:

That was it. I can't believe I overlooked how I to actually plug in that connector correctly. Granted there weren't any clear diagrams in my package or on the seller's website but I could have been more aware on my end instead of randomly plugging it in and moving on. 

Ya, I’m a big user of Ultimarc’s products but documentation on his web site isn’t always as easy to find as it could be. (It is there though)

3 hours ago, TBachVanWa said:

Headrush69, there's always something else to deal with, isn't there? And isn't that partially why we build these cabinets?

Seems like it, but the end is in sight for me. Just waiting for my Sinden light guns. The last thing I’m doing now is going through all my MAME games and attaching MAME outputs to my LedBlinky. Must say it’s pretty cool having flashing police lights and explosion LEDs for some games. ?

• Like 1
  • Game On 1