LaunchBox Community Forums

How to export a fully complete environment

maliusmaximus

Hi all, I'm building multiple machines for personal use. It's going to take about a few weeks to set up all roms and media due to download speeds here and only being able to do one platform per day.

Once its all done I'd like to be able to export the entire environment so I can replicate without the wait time. Any advice or links for how I can make the environment fully exportable?

Thanks

7 hours ago, maliusmaximus said:

Great thanks Rage, so this also includes media?

Would we need to keep the same drive letter?

Yup, as long as everything is in the correct folders inside the launchbox directory and you haven't played around with the file paths in the settings you can move it anywhere you like. No need to keep the same drive letter. The whole thing should be completely portable. I moved it between a few external drives a few times. As an additional tip, if you need to move games around, you can also easily do that by selecting all the games in a system in launchbox and the move directory item in the tools menu. 

• Like 1