LaunchBox Community Forums

Using proper Marquees images for Platforms

Amauri

Dear Friends,

I'm trying to use proper marquees images for platforms instead of Banners but I can't find a easy way to do it.

I'm trying to change the file PlatformMarqueeView.xaml in my theme folder but with no success. I see that the source is Source="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.BannerImagePath}", but I don't know how to change this for the Marquee folder, since there is no folder structure for Msrquees in Platforms. IS there a easy way to setup this for a new sub-folder in Platforms and Playlists folders?

Thanks in advance for your support! 

<Grid VerticalAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
        <Image Source="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.BannerImagePath}" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />
    </Grid>

PS: I know that this is the correct file, since when I change Stretch to Fill it reflects in my marquee, but any changes I make in Source="{Binding Path=SelectedPlatform.BannerImagePath}" , even inserting some trash to check the result, there is no change at all in the marquee, keeping showing Banner and not throwing any error messages.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 7:58 PM, JHarbinger said:

I'm relatively simple.  I would just move the banners to the marquee folder in Launchbox/Images and refresh images.  Or switch them in them images section individually.  I know it's not eloquent but it would work.  

JHarbinger, can you please give me an example? I tried every way I thought and I could not make it work. I want to use a marquee image for the platform instead of a banner (I'm already using the banner to other part of my theme). Thanks in advance.

On 2/17/2021 at 8:58 PM, JHarbinger said:

I'm relatively simple.  I would just move the banners to the marquee folder in Launchbox/Images and refresh images.  Or switch them in them images section individually.  I know it's not eloquent but it would work.  

This will not work because the Marquee image folders are for game level images not platform level images. Platforms will only pull a marquee style image from Banners folder.

@Amauri What do you mean by "proper marquee" image? You can use any image you want just put it in the banners folder. That is the simplest thing to do. BigBox will only show one image per platform as a marquee when you are on the platform selection level. LB really does not refresh the platform level banner image unless you manually do it so there is rarely and instance where the image you put there will get overridden by a metadata update. There is no marquee folder structure for platform level images other than the banner folder. You can create a custom folder and a code for it, but it is not just a simple changing of the selected binding path. You would kind of have to trick BB to show what you want because by default BB will pull from the banners folder even if no code exists in a PlatformMarqueeView.xaml file. Even in the absence of that xml file BB will pull only from that folder. Until LB goes through some marquee image updates the easiest workaround is just putting the images you want to use in the banners folder.