LaunchBox Community Forums

Game music does not play for all platforms

CoolStoryBro

I'm new to LaunchBox/BB, but I did buy a premium membership in order to use BB specifically for attract mode, with images and music to make my bar top unit I'm building pull me in on my many trips to the fridge each day. I also created a FREE Emumovies account, so I can't access videos, but game music is available, which is great.

I do love the software... the media/metadata tools are invaluable, and I'm never going to contest that.... however... the biggest part of my library is Arcade games, and for whatever reason BB just will not play music for arcade games. I currently only have one other platform on there, SNES, and the game music comes up once the box cover is selected, works great, but this is a tiny part of my library, and therefor it's almost never actually functioning the way I intended when I purchased the software.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've looked everywhere I can think of for a setting to fix this, and I certainly never selected or changed one that was platform specific, so I'm reaching out for help.

HP mini computer, upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, nothing but games, emulators and front end software on this thing. I don't think any of that matters, but there are my details. 

Thank you

Edited by CoolStoryBro

Ok, so I just finished working and thought I'd import a new platform and some games. I imported 7 PS2 games and set up the platform in LaunchBox, then had the media download tool do its thing.

I then go to the platform and just like in Arcade, there's no music. I click on SNES, check a couple titles and yes, the music still plays.

I then went to the file directory and looked for the music folders in question. The SNES folder has hundreds of sound files, but Arcade and PS2 folders are completely empty. It would seem that the media tool did not populate them for some reason.

Does this point anyone in the direction of a possible solution?

Just now, CoolStoryBro said:

Is there another source for these? I have thousands of arcade games, and the PS2 titles I've loaded are among the most popular. Do they really not have anything for some of the most desirable platforms??

I just dont think people really care that much, i mean if they did there would be people recording said audio files. People are much more interested in game videos than music usually, and a lot of that work is already done. Making music files for platforms like Arcade or PS2 would be a huge undertaking, and would probably take years to compile, as people do these things as hobbies in there spare time. The only real way now to get the audio you require would be for you to make and share it yourself. Emumovies and the PS2 have been around a long time, and nobody so far it seems has been bothered enough to tackle this massive and time consuming project.