LaunchBox Community Forums

big box wheel forever spinning

psicolabile

Hi there, 

after last update to 11.9, as I start Bigbox, I get the the wheel spinning up and down forever, just like the up or down button were continuously pressed (but they aren't).  

Unfortunately this issue is making bigbox unusable (I only manage to press esc, but in the menu I cannot select anything because selection continues to flow up and down, so I have to ctrl alt canc to stop bigbox).

I wish I could go back to 11.8

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, psicolabile said:

Hi there, 

after last update to 11.9, as I start Bigbox, I get the the wheel spinning up and down forever, just like the up or down button were continuously pressed (but they aren't).  

Unfortunately this issue is making bigbox unusable (I only manage to press esc, but in the menu I cannot select anything because selection continues to flow up and down, so I have to ctrl alt canc to stop bigbox).

I wish I could go back to 11.8

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

You can go back to 11.8 if you wish, but im 99% certain you will have the same issue there. This is a input issue, you say nothing is held down but something is causing it. Have you added any new devices recently? Have you tried unplugging all USB devices except for your mouse and starting Bigbox?

Thanks neil9000 for your very quick reply,

You're right, I unplugged the joypad and no problem occours.

What is strange is that the joypad seem to work fine in other applications (and also in Launchbox standard).

So it might be an issue of bigbox with my input controller. Maybe if I reinstall the joypad... I'll let you know.

Just now, psicolabile said:

Thanks neil9000 for your very quick reply,

You're right, I unplugged the joypad and no problem occours.

What is strange is that the joypad seem to work fine in other applications (and also in Launchbox standard).

So it might be an issue of bigbox with my input controller. Maybe if I reinstall the joypad... I'll let you know.

Do you have the shoulder triggers set to do anything in Bigbox, like scroll or page up/down?