LaunchBox Community Forums

Import Error - Data at the root level is invalid Line 1 Position 1

WastedTheLight

Hi.  I just installed LaunchBox for the first time, ran the Import Mame Aracade full Set Wizard, but when it starts trying to parse it errors out with "Data at the root level is invalid. Line1, position 1."  Thoughts?

I'm attempting to import a folder with a few games, individually zipped. Is that the correct method? or maybe the better question is...what does "import full set" actually mean? Is it expecting an XML file? 
image.thumb.png.7bf0a5f7dc6da16cdc97b00a34b55bac.png

Edited by WastedTheLight

If you only have a few roms you shouldnt use the fullset importer, that is for a fullset which is more like 3000 roms, you should use the standard rom importer but check the box in the import wizard to use mame metadata. Also are you using the standard MAME standalone emulator, as i think that error is because you are not?

Holy speedy reply, Batman! I actually tried to import 6800 roms first and had the same issue. I then grabbed just 39 and put in a shorter path just to make sure it wasn't a file name length or corrupt file issue. Using the stand import appears to be working.  I installed RetroArch? Thanks!

Edited by WastedTheLight

Just now, WastedTheLight said:

I installed RetroArch? Thanks!

OK that is the issue, although Retroarch can absolutely be used, it cant be specified at import for a MAME fullset. Launchbox generates a file from the mame.exe in order to get a list of working roms to import, (so that you dont have 6800 games imported of which only about 2800 of actually work in mame). Once the import has been run you can then switch to any emulator you would like to use. So the error was due to the emulator specified and nothing else, if you do in fact have a fullset, then import that against the matching version of the mame emulator, and switch the emulator to Retroarch after the import.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...