LaunchBox Community Forums

Help needed disabling auto-generated playlists

tonythewrench

I am in need of some assistance in disabling the auto-generated playlists that launchbox creates...namely the many "classics" playlists that are created in the Arcade section.

I had no issues in launchbox version 11.8, I was able to choose to NOT create the auto-generated playlists...but when I upgraded to version 11.9...launchbox now decides to create these playlists.

I will then delete the playlists, but they just get re-created everytime I add a ROM to my MAME platform under the arcade section.

I have no idea what changed between the versions...or where I would need to go to disable the creation of these playlists.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have currently downgraded back to version 11.8 until I can find a solution

Edited by Anthony Turano

7 hours ago, Anthony Turano said:

I am in need of some assistance in disabling the auto-generated playlists that launchbox creates...namely the many "classics" playlists that are created in the Arcade section.

I had no issues in launchbox version 11.8, I was able to choose to NOT create the auto-generated playlists...but when I upgraded to version 11.9...launchbox now decides to create these playlists.

I will then delete the playlists, but they just get re-created everytime I add a ROM to my MAME platform under the arcade section.

I have no idea what changed between the versions...or where I would need to go to disable the creation of these playlists.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I have currently downgraded back to version 11.8 until I can find a solution

As far as i know nothing has changed in regards to these playlists from 11.8 to 11.9. This actually sounds more like the playlists are not actually being deleted than anything else, how are you deleting them, and have you checked that your playlist folder hasnt been set to read only for some reason?

2 hours ago, neil9000 said:

As far as i know nothing has changed in regards to these playlists from 11.8 to 11.9. This actually sounds more like the playlists are not actually being deleted than anything else, how are you deleting them, and have you checked that your playlist folder hasnt been set to read only for some reason?

I delete the playlists through launchbox by right clicking each playlist and selecting delete (it can be very tedious)...the lists remain deleted until I add another ROM...then the playlists are added again...and I have to delete them all over again

Just now, Anthony Turano said:

I delete the playlists through launchbox by right clicking each playlist and selecting delete (it can be very tedious)...the lists remain deleted until I add another ROM...then the playlists are added again...and I have to delete them all over again

Try closing launchbox and going to the Launchbox/Data/Playlist folder and manually deleting the files, see if that sticks. How are you adding these MAME roms? i'm assuming you are not using a fullset and are grabbing individual games from somewhere?

Just now, neil9000 said:

Try closing launchbox and going to the Launchbox/Data/Playlist folder and manually deleting the files, see if that sticks. How are you adding these MAME roms? i'm assuming you are not using a fullset and are grabbing individual games from somewhere?

I've tried the manual deletion as well...in fact the manual deletion doesn't work...using that method, when you open launchbox again the playlists are still there.

As far as adding ROMs I drag and drop from my ROMs folder to trigger the launchbox wizard, I go through all the steps, and then when I click finish it shows at the bottom of launchbox the working progress bar...and at the very end it will show "creating playlists"...then it finishes and my ROM is added...I don't want these lists to be created

Correction: There is the same issue when adding games with drag and drop...I will just have to use the manual drop down menu from now on to avoid the auto-generated playlists being created... hopefully this gets fixed in the next update.

And on top of this some of my themes are now showing pop up errors, namely the "coverbox" theme...it won't load the text list properly...version 11.9 has been a frustrating let down to say the least