LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to run N64 in launchbox due to core problem

Maccrae

So I am unable to run any n64 game in launchbox because I cant pick the correct core from retroarch. I have downloaded the 2 available cores from retroarch  (Mupen64plus-next and ParaLLEI 64)  but in Launchbox the core is set to Mupen664plus-libretro which is lists as missing core. I try to change the available core in the dropdown but neither of those are there.

retro.png

launchbox1.png

1 hour ago, Maccrae said:

So I am unable to run any n64 game in launchbox because I cant pick the correct core from retroarch. I have downloaded the 2 available cores from retroarch  (Mupen64plus-next and ParaLLEI 64)  but in Launchbox the core is set to Mupen664plus-libretro which is lists as missing core. I try to change the available core in the dropdown but neither of those are there.

retro.png

launchbox1.png

Restart Launchbox as the cores you have installed are checked at launch, its not a arbitrary list of cores that Launchbox has, it actually reads your cores from the retroarch folder. If that doesnt work, could you maybe have two versions of Retroarch on your system, and Launchbox is pointing to the one that you are not downloading cores for, as i can assure you this works just fine.

Untitled.thumb.png.ef301581d7b036832d617fe74c5ed4a2.png