LaunchBox Community Forums

teknoparrot pros?

d8thstar

hi all,

im slowly trying to add teknoparrot parrot to my arcade machine.  anyone know of a list of games and what resolution they run at or which games can have their resolution modified?

i ask because my arcade screen will only go to 1024x768 and i don’t want to waste time trying to get games to run that just won’t on my screen.

thanks!

list of games is on their site https://teknogods.github.io/compatibility.html

I have no idea about that specific resolution. Most of the time Teknoparrot doesn't let you choose the resolution. But you could probably use a app like DGvoodoo but you would have to do it for each game.  It lets you modify the resolution. I think most games would work but I am guessing. The only way to find out is to do some of the dirty work yourself.  I doubt there's any sort of list that will say this game works at the specific resolution you're asking for or doesn't work. 

Edited by Jayinem

3 hours ago, d8thstar said:

i ask because my arcade screen will only go to 1024x768 and i don’t want to waste time trying to get games to run that just won’t on my screen.

If I am not mistaken you can let either Windows or the graphics driver do the scaling.1963536985_Schermopname(53).thumb.jpg.26e661c3b9da243a955ee226992ad024.jpg176061957_Schermopname(54).thumb.jpg.0af74a207222d98f3da57c733526be03.jpg(My screenshots are in Dutch, but I think you get the point.)

On 2/11/2021 at 7:14 PM, d8thstar said:

hi all,

im slowly trying to add teknoparrot parrot to my arcade machine.  anyone know of a list of games and what resolution they run at or which games can have their resolution modified?

thanks!

If you are a Nvidia user this setting in the Nvidia control panel *should* do what you want.

nvidia-scaling.jpgNote: In the screenshot the toggle "Preform scaling on" is set to Display. It is probably better if you set it to GPU.

*Edit*

Added link to guide.

https://techguided.com/what-is-gpu-scaling/

Edited by Koroth

tgg he ann’s man, i’ll give it a try.  curious, is that system wide setting?  meaning, anything i try to run outside the set resolution (1024x768), the gpu will try to either up or downscale?

also i’m assuming that’s if a program tries to run full screen or is that if something tries to run windowed?

sorry for all the questions, this is all really new to me.

so very much appreciate the guidance!

GPU scaling is meant to determine how the aspect-ratio should be displayed. Seeing as you have a 4:3 monitor and most TeknoParrot games are 16:9, GPU-scaling can force a correct aspect-ratio. But if you have a digital connection between your pc and your display, then the output resolution (also the desktop resolution) is automatically set to the native resolution of your display. In your case that means your pc is already outputting 1024x768. I have to say, the way TeknoParrot handles resizing can be a bit iffy at times, and then Windows is also involved. But there are ways around it and it has very little to do with the resolution of you display.

*Edit*

After posting I thought of something i do want to mention. It is quite possible your display is capable of receiving higher resolution signals. But in that case it internally downscales them to 1024x768.

Edited by Koroth