LaunchBox Community Forums

-1 added to each rom

Tythespy

I'm in the process of re-importing my library of games after games were being added to the wrong console by LB (I seen someone else on the forum had this issue too). But after deleting the launchbox display of games and reimporting them, I've run into this issue a few times where my actual roms are being renamed while importing them!

Each time I'm importing these Dreamcast games it adds a "-1" at the end of each game, sometimes twice. This also shows in LaunchBox and of course makes the games not recognizable to match the meta data, so the pictures and game information areLB-1-bug.thumb.JPG.5ccb1361dbef6669127fab7c53a4b7ee.JPG not displayed. Note that these games are not duplicates (ignore quake) nor do they have similar names within the folder/console. Luckily I came across a free tool called advanced renamer to remove the -1 of all the titles at once. However, I'm not entirely sure what's causing this issue. 

I'm thinking it might be caused by selecting "Move the files into my LaunchBox games folder" rather than "use the files in their current location" when the files are already named and moved in the LB designation folder. I only choose that option because it says "Launchbox will not attempt to organize the files." if I choose the other choice. Regardless of what's causing this, I hope this uncommon bug can be addressed. Attach is a screenshot of what is displayed.

It happens when you change the name of a platform or change folders around. I found out the hard way that if you need to change what platform a game is on or need to change a platform in anyway that you should just delete everything and start from scratch. I went through this same headache for over a week because I did this on multiple platforms back to back. The best advice I can give you Is to delete everything from that launchbox platform. Download and use this to delete the extra letters. Then re import. 

https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk

good luck buddy 

• Thanks 1