LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 'Options' window too large for my display

t-poz

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been answered, but I am using Launchbox in my Arcade Cabinet which has a crt monitor and uses 800x600 resolution.  Also, using Windows 7 and text size set at 100% (default).

Within Launchbox, when I select Tools -> Options, the window is too large for my monitor, I cannot see the left side window(all the different options) and can barely see the 'cancel' button in the lower left.  Any changes made, I cannot click 'ok' since I cannot resize the window to see the button.

Also, if I try to Tools -> Edit a game, I can only see from the Title to the Launchbox dB id in the pop up window.  I do not see the left side window, nor the minimize/maximize, close icons in the upper right corner.  However, unlike the Options window, since it is a pop up, I can drag the bottom of the screen down, which snaps the window where I can then maximize (using the upper right icon) to then see the left window (Metadata, Media, Launching, etc..) but then I can no longer see the launchbox db, min/max etc.., but at least I can see/click OK or Cancel (lower left). This becomes a bigger pain when trying to download images as I have to keep max/min the window.

Is there a way within Launchbox to resize these windows?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys,

Bringing back a post I had a while back which unfortunately did not get any repsonses/updates.  I see another post was made a few months back:  

Just curious if there is any updates for those of us that are having this issue?  I was adding some games this evening (and will be over the holidays) and just trying to Edit games I had imported is such a tedious task.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a new LaunchBox user and just ran into this issue running LaunchBox on an 800x600 CRT, the LB menus are too big for this resolution.  My workaround is to Remote Desktop (RDP) into my LB computer.  This lets me configure LB in a virtual higher resolution screen.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on my LB PC.  To be able to Remote Desktop into a computer I think Windows needs to be the Pro version, but you can get Pro license keys for cheap on eBay.  Something like NoMachine might also let you connect to your desktop remotely at a higher resolution (but I haven't tested this).

Edited by jimj

Chiming in, as I am also a CRT 800x600 cab owner.   I have finally resorted to an external drive with a portable install of launchbox so I can most of the setup on another machine.    Would appreciate a screen fitting solution tho to stay on my cab tho.   I will keep the dream alive.  :)

• Like 1