LaunchBox Community Forums

Question on importing issues

theshadow

I did a lot of importing for my steam games (1,000+) and I am now going through to make sure the imports are correct. That is until I found an issue right away. LB had .hack//G.U. Last Recode metadata in my list and a trailer for Eco. The problem is if I try to run, it wants to install Eco, also another issue is I don't own .hack//G.U. Last Recode yet. What step do I need to do to correct this game and any future ones I find down the road?

4 hours ago, theshadow said:

I did a lot of importing for my steam games (1,000+) and I am now going through to make sure the imports are correct. That is until I found an issue right away. LB had .hack//G.U. Last Recode metadata in my list and a trailer for Eco. The problem is if I try to run, it wants to install Eco, also another issue is I don't own .hack//G.U. Last Recode yet. What step do I need to do to correct this game and any future ones I find down the road?

Did you use the steam importer or did you import manually? It's quite simple to change though, right click the game and go to edit, you should start in the metadata tab and top right of the window should be a database ID, just click the x next to it to delete the ID, then search again.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Did you use the steam importer or did you import manually? It's quite simple to change though, right click the game and go to edit, you should start in the metadata tab and top right of the window should be a database ID, just click the x next to it to delete the ID, then search again.

I used the steam importer. I will give this a try, thank you.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:49 AM, theshadow said:
On 2/20/2021 at 4:54 AM, neil9000 said:

I used the steam importer. I will give this a try, thank you.

OK, I tried, but it is not working. I remove the metatag and changed the title to Eco and did a search again, but Eco will not show up in the metadata title list. Everything is prefixed with [Launchbox DB] and Eco is not in the list. What would be my next step?

Edited by theshadow
Quote was inccorect