LaunchBox Community Forums

Gameplay slowdown & sound distortion with Retroarch cores in BigBox (BannerBox Theme)

myklejay

Hello all, 

I'm having some issues with sound distortion and what I would assume is game slowdown. The custom BannerBox theme and Retroarch cores, appears to be the culprit. The platform that has the most apparent negative affects, is Atari 5200, while using the Atari800 core with Retroarch, in Bigbox (BannerBox Theme) I'm using game list, not wheel, and no background video. 

When launching the same 5200 games directly through Retroarch alone, they run perfectly fine, and when using the same Atari800 core through Retroarch in Launchbox, they also play perfectly fine...

That said, when launching the same games with the Atari800 core through Retroarch, in the Bigbox default theme, there is also no problems, so I assume it's an issue with the custom theme BannerBox, which is unfortunate, because I love everything about the BannerBox theme... Hoping someone can lend some help with this. 

System being used:
(not at all a high-end system by any means, but it's the only PC I own (i'm a mac guy...) and it has done fine until now... just using to put together the windows retro emulator build that will be going into my Atari VCS via M.2 drive)

Month old HP Laptop:
AMD Athlon Silver 3050U w/ Radeon Graphics (2.30 GHz)
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 10, 64bit

OS, Launchbox/Bigbox, emulators, themes, cores etc. are current an up to date. 

Edited by myklejay