LaunchBox Community Forums

What emulators to get to complement MAME?

Terium

So I'm pretty new to Arcade Emulation overall and after doing the Import MAME Arcade Full Set thing in Launchbox I couldn't help but notice most games that got imported only go up to about ~1999 in release dates and I started wanting to know more about the more recent arcade games and what exactly to get to complement the set that can get emulated in MAME. I started researching a little but since I'm lacking in knowledge about what to search for this is what I've found in terms of complements to MAME:

- Daphne for Laser Disc Arcade games like Dragon's Lair and Space Ace
- Reicast Core in Retroarch for Naomi and Atomiswave games (Does this include all models of Naomi or just "Naomi 1"?)

Are there any other emulators or Arcade Systems I can emulate out there that are not supported by MAME? It seems there are tons of Arcade Boards but I'm clearly lacking in knowledge so I can only find so much. Would greatly appreciate any help!

2 hours ago, Terium said:

- Reicast Core in Retroarch for Naomi and Atomiswave games (Does this include all models of Naomi or just "Naomi 1"?)

Only Demul emulator can play Sega Naomi 2.

2 hours ago, Terium said:

Are there any other emulators or Arcade Systems I can emulate out there that are not supported by MAME? It seems there are tons of Arcade Boards but I'm clearly lacking in knowledge so I can only find so much. Would greatly appreciate any help!

Check out Teknoparrot, it can play many newer arcade titles but you will need beefier hardware and some games can have hit and miss compatibility wise.

I've been reading up a little more and so far this is the list I have:
- MAME
- Daphne
- DEmul
- Teknoparrot
- Model 2 Emulator
- Supermodel

If any one has any knowledge regarding these and if there's better emulators for certain systems please let me know :)

Edited by Terium