LaunchBox Community Forums

NESiCA 2020

shro2016

NESiCA 2020

View File

This is a complete rebuild of my previous NESiCA xLive theme from a couple of years ago. This theme has been nearly two years in the making with all new artwork and banner images. As the theme uses wide banner images rather than more traditional image types (in line with the system it is based on) I have created banner image packs for most games which I will be uploading separately into the downloads library today - platform and playlist images themselves are bundled within the theme itself.

The theme has different views for both Horizontal and Vertical scrolling of banner images and each variant also has control images for Arcade, Xbox or PS control schemes - these can be switched between by switching view within the theme. It is recommended that you set all transitions to Fade within BigBox.

Should you need to make more banner images yourself or wish to alter any of the control layout images I have included the GIMP template files with the theme. For those unfamiliar with GIMP it is a free online graphics package that you can download and use and with the templates available this should be easy for you to create any images you may be missing.

As always, hope you enjoy the theme. 

• Like 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/14/2022 at 9:00 PM, tonycrew said:

Love the theme, But cannot get the banners to show on the horizontal wheel, I have put the into the theme banner folder..

Same! Banner view works for picking category and consoles, but when I get to games, I get a wheel malfunction, an error message, then bigbox defaults to either horizontal or vertical wheels with a black background. If I pick other views that aren't wheels, I get the normal nesica view, but no banners. All games are text on the left. 

Has anyone had this problem, or know a fix?

Just adding a picture of all my results. This happens in both verticle and horizontal scroll 1-4. The rest of options are text and look some what normal, but no banner images, which is what is supposed to be intended. I also posted a picture of the "Platform view" which works how its intended...which is strange.

Screenshot (89).png

Screenshot (91).png

To update. I rolled back to 10.1. It works as it should rather than the black screen...BUUUT...just like some people who have problems, banners do not show up, and I followed instructions on ghe wide banner section. Any one have a solution? Adding a picture for example.

received_3503734766535432.jpeg

Edited by Rock Hardcheese
adding examples.