LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble importing MAME Arcade Full Set Via Tools Menu...

RxGuy

I have tried to find an answer by searching, but have not had much luck. So....

I am trying to import the Mame Arcade Full Set via Tools/Import/Mame Arcade Full set.  I use the wizard to go through the import process. I select the folder where I want the ROMs to go and I leave all other choices except the download images at their defaults.  For the download images I have been selecting box art front only.  

The import process seems to work, the progress bar eventually shows that the import has finished, the playlists are generated, etc.

But none of the ROMs have been imported.  The directory/folder that I selected for the ROMs to be imported to are empty.  

The screen shot is of an Audit.  The files are not where the application path shows them to be.  They weren't imported, can't find them anywhere.

In the Launch Box program,  if  you right click on the icon/picture for the game and select open game folder, it opens to an empty folder....

What am I missing??  

Annotation 2021-03-01 081110.png

Welcome to the forums. OK a couple of things here, Launchbox doesnt move your roms from where ever you have them for MAME, you just tell it where your roms are currently located.

4 minutes ago, RxGuy said:

What am I missing??  

Do you actually have a romset? or are you expecting Launchbox to actually download roms for you? Because that isnt going to happen, you need your own roms, us providing them for download would be hugely illegal.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Do you actually have a romset? or are you expecting Launchbox to actually download roms for you? Because that isnt going to happen, you need your own roms, us providing them for download would be hugely illegal.

Thanks for your quick reply! 

Excuse the Noob!

Well, duh on my part.  I was of the mistaken impression that there would be a download of the ROMs as well as the images and meta data.  If it's illegal, obviously not something that you want to be doing.

Appreciate your help.

Just now, RxGuy said:

Thanks for your quick reply! 

Excuse the Noob!

Well, duh on my part.  I was of the mistaken impression that there would be a download of the ROMs as well as the images and meta data.  If it's illegal, obviously not something that you want to be doing.

Appreciate your help.

Yeah, Launchbox is a legitimate product and business, no way in the world we could or would supply the actual roms, pretty sure the likes of Capcom, Konami, Sega, Nintendo etc would have things to say about us giving away there copyrighted games for free, it wouldnt be a business for very long. It is however very easy to add your own romset to Launchox, just do exactly what you did, but point Launchbox at your actual romset. Im sure if you google MAME along with the internet archive you shouldnt have to much trouble locating a set. We cant post direct links here though for the same reasons we cant supply the games themselves.