LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox update and metadata will not finish downloading

CloudIX

I'm using version 11.9 on windows 10.

I'm able to download an update and install it over my launchbox folder in order to update it that way, but it will not finish downloading inside the program. I cannot get the metadata to finish downloading though. When trying to update either the program or the metadata, the green download bar gets almost to the very end but then just stops and never finishes no matter how long I leave it up.

I've had this issue before, and was able to work around it for the metadata by turning off read only from within my launchbox folder, but I had to turn off read only, click apply, and leave the properties box up without clicking accept because every time I clicked accept, read only would reset itself and wouldn't stay off of read only. But now, I'm having the same issue and it is still not finishing downloading with read only off and the properties box left open. I would like to not have to use this work around anyway, and have launchbox update itself and it's metadata from within the program.

Edit: Also, last time I did this, I was using version 11.8.

Edited by CloudIX

Bit concerned that your folders are turning read-only on automatically as this CAN (as you've pointed out) cause issue's within LaunchBox. For those processes to work LaunchBox needs to be able to write to your Data and Metadata folders (and the files within them) and if it is waiting on a file lock it could cause that issue (though in most cases it should just error). Is LaunchBox installed in a system location on your computer? Can you complete ANY downloads? For example can you go to Help and select "Force Update Games Database" and download that successfully?

I've tried several things to make the files stop turning read only automatically but so far, nothing has worked. It does seem to work with the work around I referred to because when I downloaded 11.9 over my previous version yesterday, the first time it failed because it said that the files were read only, and so I did the work around and it worked that way. I'd love to get this fixed as well though. The folder is on a different hard drive then my main hard drive. D:\Programs\LaunchBox. If you're referring to the option "Force Update Games Database Metadata", then that's actually what I'm referring to that I can't get to work.

Edited by CloudIX