LaunchBox Community Forums

Bulk Edit Wizard not working on Game Manual Path

MarcusTempest

Thank you for LaunchBox I am enjoying it a lot.

I am trying to set a default Manual for every game of a type. IE a console game would always have a picture of the controller, and a computer would always have a picture of its keyboard, as their default manual page.

I am trying to do this via the Bulk Edit Wizard but whatever I select in the Game Manual Path when it updates the database it wipes the field clean in all the selected files. Is this a bug?

Also on the theme of manual files, could it be that the Game Manual Path pointed to a folder rather than a file and all of the PDFs, JPGs etc could be viewed by flicking left and right on the controller. Useful for adventure games with clues and games with level codes etc. 

• 11 months later...

Just ran into this today after finding out about the game manuals feature.

Its definitely a bug or an oversight. The Bulk Edit wizard is simply taking the field name and asking for what it should be set to, and Game Manual Path expects a path to a single file, not a directory. This is probably because the Game Manual Path field doesnt do any sort of lookup/matching, it relies on you supplying the file explicitly.

It would be great to have an update for this so we can give a directory per-platform with all of the manuals, assuming they are named the same - I'm okay with manually fixing anything that's not close and can't be matched.