LaunchBox Community Forums

using with retroarch but only one emulator runs

emulatorgeek

21 minutes ago, emulatorgeek said:

i set up my launchbox with retroarch and started with snes9x and my snes roms imported first they al worked so I did the n64 next however every new console i add just wont play only the first one I put on any help please?

OK i cant speak to the other systems as you dont state what they are, but for N64 you need to specify which retroarch core you want to use (this is true for all systems, but some have pre made defaults) the current core is no longer in Retroarch so you need to change it to the one you want to use. Go to tools/Manage Emulators and double click your Retroarch entry, then go to the Associated Platforms tab and double click where it lists the core for N64 and choose the one you want from the dropdown.

It's also worth mentioning that the system names in that associated platforms tab have to exactly match the name you gave the platform when you imported it. so if you imported NES as simply NES then you need to edit the system name in the associated platforms tab to match that, otherwise Launchbox wont know that NES and Nintendo Entertainment System are the same system, and games in it wont launch.