LaunchBox Community Forums

Take a screenshot and use it as gameplay image?

3dlollo

If there is such feature, I must say that I could not find it easily.

If there is no such feature, I would really like to see it implemented eventually. I have a lot of products (like demos for old computers); that does not have an entry in the database, so they just show as blank square. I would like to be able to take a screenshot while playing this content, and have it saved and used as image to be visualized, instead of the blank square.

Is this something feasible? I am aware I can take screenshots and then go in the screenshot folder and assign that manually to each entry in my platform, but we are talking of a lot of entries; so if there is a way to automate this process (like pressing a button to take screenshot and assign that image to the currently running content), that would really be great.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, 3dlollo said:

If there is such feature, I must say that I could not find it easily.

If there is no such feature, I would really like to see it implemented eventually. I have a lot of products (like demos for old computers); that does not have an entry in the database, so they just show as blank square. I would like to be able to take a screenshot while playing this content, and have it saved and used as image to be visualized, instead of the blank square.

Is this something feasible? I am aware I can take screenshots and then go in the screenshot folder and assign that manually to each entry in my platform, but we are talking of a lot of entries; so if there is a way to automate this process (like pressing a button to take screenshot and assign that image to the currently running content), that would really be great.

Thanks in advance

We have both image taking as well as OBS integration in Launchbox to take screenshots and videos. For videos go to tools/options/integrations/OBS studio and setup both Launchbox and OBS.

image.thumb.png.22b63055062e4ca9d9fc498e0024c827.png

As for screenshots, tools/options/gameplay/screen capture.

image.thumb.png.128c0815827ced6724b79ae5637d7e09.png

6 minutes ago, 3dlollo said:

Thanks!

So when I take the screenshot; it is added automatically to the content I was playing, and it will display as image when not in list mode?

Same for videos; do I have to manually assign the video after I do the capture? Cheers!

Yes you will be prompted when exiting the game that a image/video was detected and if you want to associate it with whatever game you just closed.

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for.

Is there any problem in having the videos in "recordings" folder, instead of the parent folder? I noticed from the video you posted that they are not added as video snap but as recording; but I assume it should not make difference.

Thanks!

Looks like screenshots works great; I get the prompt to add it to the current content and that works fine. Videos does not seem to work as in the video.

OBS launch and the video is recorded in the "videos" folder; but I get no prompt when I quit the emulator, to add it to the current content. Going to try with different emulators other than retroarch.

Is there any gotcha that I should be aware of? I am also using a 2 monitor setup BTW; but OBS is set to record on my main monitor (the one where the emulator view actually open up). Thanks