LaunchBox Community Forums

How to play as Player 2

banjoted

I've Googled this to death but still can't find an answer, so am hoping someone here can help.

I'm trying to play Gekirindan (using Retroarch) but I want to play as Player 2. I have one controller attached to the PC, but no matter what I do I cannot seem to bind this to port 2 instead of port 1.

I've also tried mapping port 2 to the keyboard, thus allowing me to hit Start as Player 2. Which works fine, but I can no longer then control the game with the controller. Even mapping Player 1 normally but mapping Coin/Start to Player 2 gives me the same result.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated?

I use MAME but to do so in MAME you have to configure the controller as Player 2 controls as well, would imagine have to do the same in RetroArch. You can't join as player 2 and then use Player 1 controls to do the things so you have to bind the same controller to both players then just something different for player 2 coin/start than you do for player 1