LaunchBox Community Forums

when launching a mame game, Bigbox brings up a loading screen and about 10 seconds later it return launch game screen

peterss1975

I launch bigbox and it launches fine. I then select a mame game and click play, it brings an image of the game and then after 10 seconds it return to bigbox. If i launch a game for nes or super Nintendo, they work work perfectly. If i launch mame by itself through bigbox, it works fine and brings up mame. If i select the game in mame, it launches perfectly.

Edited by peterss1975

• peterss1975 changed the title to when launching a mame game, Bigbox brings up a loading screen and about 10 seconds later it return launch game screen

Good. That is typically one area for an error. Looks like you said the games works fine when ran directly in Mame without using LB/BB (well that's a loose interpretation of what you describe doing). This typically means a setting issue in LB. Go back into Manage emulators and edit Mame again. Share the pics below.

1. Pic of the Details Tab.

2. Pic of Associated Platforms tab.

Edit a Mame in game in LB (right click and edit on a game) and show:

1. Pic of Launching tab

2. Pic of Emulation tab.

That rom name is not correct. Mame roms are named a specific way and cannot be changed. Your image shows you are trying to launch 720-01.zip. This is why LB cannot get mame to run the game. I am going to guess you had LB move the roms when you imported them. If that rom is already in the folder LB moves it to then LB will rename the file with a -01. You need to point LB to the 720.zip rom file. I would check the names of some other games as well see if that is the same issue.