LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Import Query

cobhc

Hi All,

I initially used the MAME Full Set importer with a full non merged 0.230 set to weed out any games that didn't work/were clones/in categories I didn't want and some others I've deleted manually. I've then re-imported the "cleaned" rom set into Launchbox. However the amount of titles imported does not match those that MAME itself says is available in the roms folder.

Launchbox says I have 2762 titles

MAME says 2806

The zips in the folder are 2804 + 94 CHD's in folders

I'm not sure why MAME doesn't match the files in the folder, however it's a lot closer than the totals Launchbox shows. Am I missing something?

Edited by cobhc

Some of the 'zips' are probably Device files and possibly some Bios files too.  So not actual playable games.  A few games are actually "built-in" to MAME where there is no rom file, per se.  [at least there used to be some].   For the chd games, you more than likely have a zip file as well as the folder.   So you might have something like:

../MAME/roms/area51.zip
../MAME/roms/area51/area51.chd

That'll hopefully account for at least some of the difference. ;)