LaunchBox Community Forums

How Can I Create A Playlist Category With Playlists Inside?

zombieromero

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search the forums but none of the similar threads helped me.

I want to create a Platform in Big Box called "Playlists" that contains all my customer playlists for game collections like Batman games, Resident Evil games, etc. The reason I want to creat a platform category ith all the playlists in is so I don't have to go into bigbox settings and change to Playlist view, etc. I just want a playlist platform next to all my other ones. I hope that makes sense and hope that someone can help me I am sure its something dead simple that I am just being dense about :)

In LaunchBox on the left hand side filter. Check the combo box that typically says "Platforms" and select "Platform Category". Once there right click on one of the entries to get a context menu and go to "Add > Platform Category...". Create your Playlist category. Then right click on your new category and select "Add > Playlist..." and in the parents tab make sure you have the platform category you created check marked. You should then see that playlist under your category in LaunchBox. Once that is done go to Big Box and simply select "View Platform Categories" and have it start in that view instead of "View Platforms"

No to display the playlists the way you are desiring you must use Platform Category. If you want that category and the playlists all on the same level simple remove the category the consoles are under (Console, Arcade, Handheld, etc) and set their parent to blank and then they will appear the way you are wanting.