LaunchBox Community Forums

Achievement photos not showing up in Big Box?

gezeebeezee

I'm having an issue where the achievements are showing up but there are no pictures. Is there a setting I have to turn on to enable achievement images?

I attached an image as an example below. The images show up if I look at them through RetroArch, but not in Big Box.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_9468.JPG

The image downloads queue up after the other data. Because of this on a shaky or slow connection they can take longer. I see in the picture you are also waiting on the RetroAchievements web page to load as well, do they appear after the web page is done loading or no?

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The image downloads queue up after the other data. Because of this on a shaky or slow connection they can take longer. I see in the picture you are also waiting on the RetroAchievements web page to load as well, do they appear after the web page is done loading or no?

The webpage is loading normally, though it does take about 10-15 seconds. The images don't load even if I leave it up for a few minutes.

43 minutes ago, gezeebeezee said:

The webpage is loading normally, though it does take about 10-15 seconds. The images don't load even if I leave it up for a few minutes.

Just tried mine and had no problems. Is it just that one game you don't see them on or is all of them?

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Just tried mine and had no problems. Is it just that one game you don't see them on or is all of them?

Ok I tested another game and left it up for 10 minutes. The webpage loaded quickly, but still no pictures. However, Steam game achievements are showing up with pictures.

Maybe it’s a retroachievements issue? What version Launchbox are you on?

2 hours ago, gezeebeezee said:

Ok I tested another game and left it up for 10 minutes. The webpage loaded quickly, but still no pictures. However, Steam game achievements are showing up with pictures.

Maybe it’s a retroachievements issue? What version Launchbox are you on?

All of them. Perks of being one of the developers ;)

I tested using 11.11 though.

• Haha 1

Open LaunchBox and make sure that your debug logs are turned on. Then open Big Box and go to the achievement section and wait for a few minutes. Then close Big Box. After it's closed go to \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and open the most recent file in there, maybe we  are outputting an error message or something that may shed some light on what is going on.

Also curious if you can go to the main options menu in Big Box and select "View Achievements Profile" and see any of the images in there or not.

On 4/29/2021 at 5:11 AM, C-Beats said:

Open LaunchBox and make sure that your debug logs are turned on. Then open Big Box and go to the achievement section and wait for a few minutes. Then close Big Box. After it's closed go to \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and open the most recent file in there, maybe we  are outputting an error message or something that may shed some light on what is going on.

Also curious if you can go to the main options menu in Big Box and select "View Achievements Profile" and see any of the images in there or not.

Ok so I have no idea what I did (I didn't actually do anything other than fiddling with random things) or what actually happened, but Achievement Images are now showing up! I did restart my computer a few times for unrelated reasons, so maybe that played a factor.

Anyhow, thanks for all your help @C-Beats, and thanks for all you do for Launchbox/Big Box! I haven't had this much fun tinkering with software in a long while!