LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting/Closing a startup app in Launchbox

keysta75

Hey guys I really need some help here. I have a arcade setup. I'm running Mame and a few pc games like street fighter V and streets of rage 4 etc. I've setup x360ce in the additional apps section to startup with the few pc games, but when I close the game x360ce stays on. I would like to close x360ce so that it doesn't take over my other controls. I've read other post similar to this but none gave a direct answer. Some say use a .bat file in which I did, but that just kills x360ce altogether when the game launches. Some also talk using a AHK script, but I don't the slightest idea on how to do so or write a script for what I need. I just need x360ce to close when I'm done playing my pc games. Any help guys would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, nohero said:

Hello,

I made a BAT file you can add in Additional App and check the box "Run after".

I tested here and it works, let me know 

CHEERs

KILL.bat 47 B · 1 download

Thanks I have tried this and it worked...but I feel like I'm an episode of the Twilight Zone. Your .BAT file is similar to the one I have except for the @echo on at the end. So here is why I feel like that, tried yours and it worked...tried mines and it worked. I set them both the same way with the "Run After". Even mines before using yours but it kept closing the x360ce when I launched a game. Thanks for everything gonna try it some more on other games.

8 minutes ago, keysta75 said:

Thanks I have tried this and it worked...but I feel like I'm an episode of the Twilight Zone. Your .BAT file is similar to the one I have except for the @echo on at the end. So here is why I feel like that, tried yours and it worked...tried mines and it worked. I set them both the same way with the "Run After". Even mines before using yours but it kept closing the x360ce when I launched a game. Thanks for everything gonna try it some more on other games.

If the game you are loading is using a launcher like steam/uplay/battlenet etc, Launchbox may be seeing the launcher open and close and assume that was in fact the game itself, hence the script exiting before the game even loaded. There are much better ways around this than what you are currently doing. By far the easiest is by spending about £2 on steam and getting controller companion, this allows you to map any keyboard and mouse controls to a controller and these profiles you can attach to .exe's, so start a game profile is automatically launched, exit game profile switches off. It also has steam workshop support, so likely that profiles for specific games are already available for download directly rather than creating your own from scratch.

Edit:

It also supports x360ce which is available to download from within controller companion.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

If the game you are loading is using a launcher like steam/uplay/battlenet etc, Launchbox may be seeing the launcher open and close and assume that was in fact the game itself, hence the script exiting before the game even loaded. There are much better ways around this than what you are currently doing. By far the easiest is by spending about £2 on steam and getting controller companion, this allows you to map any keyboard and mouse controls to a controller and these profiles you can attach to .exe's, so start a game profile is automatically launched, exit game profile switches off. It also has steam workshop support, so likely that profiles for specific games are already available for download directly rather than creating your own from scratch.

Edit:

It also supports x360ce which is available to download from within controller companion.

I'm using the two player Xinmo usb controller in my cab. I figured I just mention that. I've tried to setting up the controllers in steam, this way I wouldn't have to setup an outside program like x360ce but when I tried that my controls where acting wonky. Though steam did recognize the Xinmo controllers. I have not tried this controller companion you speak of. I will give it a shot. 

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Are your controllers seen in Windows as xinput/dinput or keyboards?

Where do I check for this? I go to control panel and check my devices and It's just a controller icon that states "Xinmotek Controller".

• 2 years later...