LaunchBox Community Forums

My Qnap NAS hacked

drphobus

boohoohoo

lost all roms on my nas  

hackers used my cloud z7 programme  on the qnap to  alter my filers in order to  blackmail me

i have all my old files backed up but the currently being sorted stuff is more of a problem

so if you have a Qnap nas turn off the cloud app now 

• Like 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's good that you have your old files backed up, but I understand that the currently being sorted stuff is a bigger issue for you. It's crazy how hackers can get into our systems and do whatever they want. Thanks for the heads up about the Qnap cloud app. I don't have a Qnap NAS, but I'm sure many people who do will find your warning useful. It's always good to be cautious about these things. If you haven't already, you might want to consider contacting an expert to help you with your blackmail case. There are professionals out there who specialize in digital investigations and can help you figure out who the hackers are and what they're after. I recently hired someone from digitalinvestigation.com to help me with a similar situation, and they were a huge help.

Edited by GerborantXV