LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller / Player 2 help in Demul please

Codeen

Hello,

Everything works as it should, I just can't find a solution on how to get the second controller working.

When I do, I am hit with the dreaded JOY0_ANL3_KEY-

I'm using a PS4 controller, Dinput.

If there is already a solution for this, forgive me, please direct me to the right thread.

Thank you.

1.png

2.png

Maybe you can find a config online from somebody who succeeded? (Or maybe there is somebody on this forum who has successfully configured a DS4 controller for Demul.) In that case, just copy/paste the button config into padDemul.ini under [JOY0_1]. I myself use DS4Windows to create a virtual Xbox 360 controller (xinput) for the DS4 controller together with the setting "Hide DS4 Controller". I also have DS4Windows run at system boot. For me Windows detects the DS4 controller being pressed even when the controller is turned off and for example the Windows screensaver wont activate. Running DS4Windows and hiding the DS4 controller itself solves that problem. My main controller is a Xbox One controller. It also has the advantage that you can use the LaunchBox/BigBox controller automation with both controllers because, with DS4Windows the Xbox One controller and the virtual  Xbox 360 (DS4) controller both are seen as xinput. You would have to reconfigure your emulators/games though.

Edited by Koroth

11 hours ago, Koroth said:

Maybe you can find a config online from somebody who succeeded? (Or maybe there is somebody on this forum who has successfully configured a DS4 controller for Demul.) In that case, just copy/paste the button config into padDemul.ini under [JOY0_1]. I myself use DS4Windows to create a virtual Xbox 360 controller (xinput) for the DS4 controller together with the setting "Hide DS4 Controller". I also have DS4Windows run at system boot. For me Windows detects the DS4 controller being pressed even when the controller is turned off and for example the Windows screensaver wont activate. Running DS4Windows and hiding the DS4 controller itself solves that problem. My main controller is a Xbox One controller. It also has the advantage that you can use the LaunchBox/BigBox controller automation with both controllers because, with DS4Windows the Xbox One controller and the virtual  Xbox 360 (DS4) controller both are seen as xinput. You would have to reconfigure your emulators/games though.

I kind of wanted to avoid DS4 since on some games if you turn it on then the controller acts like you're pressing the buttons twice and it's a headache. But, I did do your suggestion on the copy and paste thing and no luck on that. Thanks though

4 minutes ago, Codeen said:

I kind of wanted to avoid DS4 since on some games if you turn it on then the controller acts like you're pressing the buttons twice and it's a headache.

That's where, in DS4Windows, the setting "Hide DS4 Controller" is for. It hides the original DS4 controller for Windows and games/emulators so only the virtual Xbox 360 controller is seen. This prevents "double presses".

Edited by Koroth
  • Like 1