LaunchBox Community Forums

Could Attract Mode have more features?

rhd20

Launchbox seems like it is close to being perfect, but the attract mode screensaver in Bigbox could use more. It would be nice if the video snaps could cover the whole screen (go full screen), which I have seen others request too. Or if we could customize in deeper detail what is shown in attract mode (Could some systems have videos snaps in fullscreen and others go through media images with game music in the background). Again, not bashing this amazing program. What other changes do you think would be cool in this feature?

58 minutes ago, rhd20 said:

Launchbox seems like it is close to being perfect, but the attract mode screensaver in Bigbox could use more. It would be nice if the video snaps could cover the whole screen (go full screen), which I have seen others request too. Or if we could customize in deeper detail what is shown in attract mode (Could some systems have videos snaps in fullscreen and others go through media images with game music in the background). Again, not bashing this amazing program. What other changes do you think would be cool in this feature?

Of course it could have more. However, feature integration has to be triaged since we only have 2 devs. Upgrades stand a better chance of getting implemented if more users request it. The best way that is done is to create a topic for it on the forum, then use the "Request a Feature" option at the top of the forum under "Help & Support". Finally, link that bitbucket ticket back in the thread to drive user votes.

Not shooting down any new features, but for me Attract Mode does all I need it to. Play random game and platform videos. Anything more is just watching the screen instead of playing games.

• 2 years later...